Join Our Team -
Current openings, with downloadable/online fill-in job application.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR/OPERATIONS DIRECTOR IMMEDIATE OPENING, RALEIGH/DURHAM (PD-2021-01)
WKJO-FM Clayton, NC, and independently owned Class A Gold-Based Country Station has an immediate opening for a talented Program Director/Operations Director. The station covers the southeastern half of the Raleigh Durham metro.
The successful candidate will bring at least three years of programming experience and be proficient with automation systems, particularly Wide Orbit, as well as music scheduling via MusicMaster. This key person must be capable of wearing many hats, performing a live airshift, supervise programming and production,assist with production and promotions and lead a small tight-knit team that’s creative and innovative, with a strong work ethic.
The ability of being technically proficient with digital editors to cover producing show elements and commercial matter is paramount along with social media skills. If you can lead a team to maximize performance, then we need to hear from you! There will be occasional extra paid time to host live remotes, station events and other appearances.
We’re looking for an integral team member who understands that interaction between talent, clients and audience at live remotes, appearances, station events and on-air are vital in the our success.
At WKJO-FM, we believe in building strong relationships in our community.
Responsibilities of this position may include:
• Consistently and routinely relies on creativity, innovation and innate talent in the performance of on-air duties.
• Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
• Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
• Operate control console.
• Conduct on-air interviews.
• Maintain transmitter readings.
• Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
Requirements of this position include the following:
• A minimum of two years commercial radio on-air experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
• Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
• Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
• Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
• Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
• Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
• Abililty to understand broadcast audio chain and logically troubleshoot basic outage situations to expedite repair & restoration.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle. Download station employment application, and send with resume and aircheck to Rick Heilmann, General Manager, at email@example.com
WKJO-FM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. July 19, 2021
PART-TIME LOCAL ON-AIR PERSONALITY RALEIGH/DURHAM (AP-2019-02)
Triangle Marketing Associates, WKJO Smithfield/Clayton, NC (suburban Raleigh), has an excellent part-time opportunity for an on-air Personality.
If you can consistently prepare and deliver relatable content to our target demo in a real, conversational and upbeat fashion, then we need to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be up to date with FCC broadcast rules, communities in the coverage area and social media promotion. As well as technically proficient with digital automation and editors to cover producing show elements and commercial matter. This position also includes some commercial audio production, voice work, and voice tracking. There will be occasional extra paid time to host live remotes, station events and other appearances.
Competitive part-time compensation is based upon experience and talent level. This is an excellent opportunity for someone already based in the Eastern Wake or Johnston County area of NC. Submit application (obtained from www.countryss.com), air checks, and resume to Mike Edwards, Program Director at 102.3FMJobs@gmail.com
WKJO is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time