Join Our Team -
Current openings, with downloadable/online fill-in job application.
MORNING SHOW HOST IMMEDIATE OPENING, RALEIGH/DURHAM
Ready to do mornings for a locally owned and predominantly gold based country station in one of the fastest growing markets in the country that constantly falls on the list for one of the best places to live?
WKJO-FM in Clayton needs someone that is a real personality and not just a liner card reader. Are you active on social media? Can you chip in and produce some commercials and truly engage with listeners at appearances? Experience with promotions a BIG plus, too.
The great thing about this opportunity is that it’s our only station, with the GM right in our building, willing to take suggestions and feedback.
While we broadcast to Raleigh, we focus especially to the southeast part of our region (an area often overlooked by our market) and are hyper local. The morning show co-host and NC native is already in place in key hours and is excited to share her talent and creativity with the right lead host!
Requirements of this position include the following:
• A minimum of two years commercial morning radio experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Experience and proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Proficient in use of audio editing and radio automation software and basic broadcast equipment.
• Must be a team player and work well with management, staff and sponsors at all levels.
• Skilled in commercial copy writing, voicing, production, operation of control board, remote broadcasting, telephone interface equipment, and productive use of station social media marketing.
• Must be willing to professionally represent station at station or community events, including attire and demeanor.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle and be willing to move within 30 minutes of the radio station.
WKJO-FM is a family owned company and an equal opportunity employer.
PART-TIME LOCAL ON-AIR PERSONALITY RALEIGH/DURHAM (AP-2019-02)
Triangle Marketing Associates, WKJO Smithfield/Clayton, NC (suburban Raleigh), has an excellent part-time opportunity for an on-air Personality.
If you can consistently prepare and deliver relatable content to our target demo in a real, conversational and upbeat fashion, then we need to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be up to date with FCC broadcast rules, communities in the coverage area and social media promotion. As well as technically proficient with digital automation and editors to cover producing show elements and commercial matter. This position also includes some commercial audio production, voice work, and voice tracking. There will be occasional extra paid time to host live remotes, station events and other appearances.
Competitive part-time compensation is based upon experience and talent level. This is an excellent opportunity for someone already based in the Eastern Wake or Johnston County area of NC. Submit application (obtained from www.countryss.com), air checks, and resume to Mike Edwards, Program Director at 102.3FMJobs@gmail.com
WKJO is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time